Teachers: Stéphane Douady, Melissa McCartney (FIU, Florida), Saskia van der Vies (VUMC, Amsterdam), Johannes Jaeger, Eugenia Covernton
Duration: 1 week workshop
Description: The workshop intends to assemble free-spirited students, and researchers from broad scientific backgrounds to conceive creative projects at the interface with Life, Learning and Digital Sciences.This year will combine newcomer students of the FdV PhD program and 2nd year AIRE master program.The CIRP workshop attempts to provide the primary basis for collegiality and communication through dialogue and brainstorming on open questions in Life Sciences, Education Design, Entrepreneurship....
- Focus on an important question and define the means to approach it from different angles
- Zoom out (broad view) and zoom in (be precise and define the key points)
- Think and express your ideas more clearly
- Gain confidence in your ideas
- Discuss, accept or reject ideas
- Learn to take constructive scientific criticism
- Learn how to write a research proposal
- Discuss questions thoroughly
- Learn to interact with people from different backgrounds
Prerequisite: Research courses of the M1 or an experience in research.
Examples of work: Seminars, group work, icebreakers